Juicy and flavorful thick pork chops cooked to perfection in your air fryer! These deliciously seasoned air fryer pork chops are great for a weeknight dinner or game day celebration. You can make delicious juicy pork chops in your air fryer. This is perfect for busy weeknights when you want to watch the game.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Air Fryer Thick Pork Chops an Easy Meal Before Watching the Game
Game day dinners don't need to be fancy but should at least be delicious and filling. And if they're quick and easy to prepare, that's a huge bonus.
This thick-cut pork chops in an air fryer recipe has all that covered! From the fridge to the plate in less than 30 minutes, these well-seasoned chops are super convenient with easy clean-up, so you won't miss the game. You will be amazed at house delicious pork chops are from air frying. This is an easy recipe made with simple ingredients and your trusty air fryer.
Why You Should Try These Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops
Pork chops on their own don't offer much in the flavor department. That means they're ready to take on the taste of just about any seasoning that you use. While the dry seasoning rub for this inch-thick pork chop is pretty standard, the cooking method, on the other hand, isn't.
Using an air fryer to cook pork chops is brilliant because it's hands-off and foolproof, keeping the chops inside tender and juicy.
Pork Chop Ingredients
To make the dry rub, you'll need:
- Dark brown sugar
- Smoked paprika
- Smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Cumin powder
- Dry mustard powder
To finish cooking a thick-cut pork chop in an air fryer, you'll need:
- Pork chops, around an inch thick
- Vegetable oil or olive oil
- The dry spice from above
Bone-in pork chops are best, but you can also use boneless pork chops. The air fry time may be less, so check the internal temp for doneness.
How to Make Thick Pork Chops in Air Fryer
To make the dry spice rub:
- Place all the spice rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine.
To save time, you can do this in advance and keep the rub mixture in an airtight container in the cupboard.
To cook the 1 inch pork chops in air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for at least ten minutes for the best browning.
- While the air fryer is preheating, take the pork chops out of the fridge and let them shake off the cold for about five minutes.
- Dry the pork chops with a paper towel and brush all the sides with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle a layer of dry rub on a cutting board or baking sheet lined with parchment paper and press the pork chops into the spice mixture to coat all sides of the pork chops evenly.
- Shake off any excess seasoning and place the pork chops on a wire rack for at least five minutes to set.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Cook the pork chops in a single layer in the air fryer basket for six minutes per side or until the internal temperature is at least 145°F. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook in batches.
- Rest the pork chops for a few minutes before serving.
Equipment You Will Need
Besides an air fryer, the only other kitchen gadget you will need is an instant-read thermometer or meat thermometer. A pastry brush is helpful for coating the pork chops in oil, but if you don't mind getting a little messy, your hands will probably work better.
You may want to consider changing the seasoning blend with a cajun or barbeque seasoning. No matter what you choose, this easy dinner idea is the perfect weeknight meal.
What to Serve With Air-Fried Pork Chops
There are almost endless choices of side dishes that go with pork chops. Here are a few suggestions:
- Fresh corn on the cob
- Sliced or baby carrots
- Creamy coleslaw
- Mashed potatoes
- Sautueed broccoli rabe
- Baked beans
- Green beans
Don't forget the beer! Hoppy and slightly bitter, India Pale Ale is a great choice to drink with pork chops.
How to Store Leftover Pork Chops
Let the chops cool to room temperature and transfer them to an airtight container. Please keep them in the refrigerator for up to three days.
You can also freeze them in a freezer-safe container or plastic freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw them in the fridge overnight.
What's the Best Way to Reheat Leftovers?
Air fryers are not just good for cooking pork chops; they're ideal for reheating them, too.
To reheat pork chops in air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Take the chops out of the fridge and place them on the counter to come up to room temperature.
- Reheat the chops for about six minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
More Air Fryer and Pork Chop Recipes
Air Fryer Thick Pork Chops
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 4 bone-in pork chops 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the seasoning for the pork chops. In a small bowl, combine the dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, paprika, kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and dry mustard powder. Mix well.
- Pat the pork chops with a paper towel to remove the excess moisture. Brush the oil over the pork chops on both sides, so that they are completely coated. Then sprinkle the seasoning over the pork chops, covering both sides.
- Place the pork chops in the preheated air fryer. Cook for 6 minutes, flip, and cook for another 6 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145°F.