Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring is perfect for a party or game day. It's the best appetizer with Pillsbury crescent rolls, Buffalo chicken, cream cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese. Serve this cheesy Buffalo chicken ring with ranch dressing and watch it disappear.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes a Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring The Perfect Snack to Eat When Watching the Game?
This fun dish is meant for sharing. After all, who can resist buffalo chicken and cheese wrapped in a ring of buttery crescent rolls?
It's a snack that not only tastes amazing but is going to impress people. Bake a ring for the next big game, or share it at your next potluck dinner.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
Buffalo chicken ring crescent rolls may not be what anyone would call 'fancy eating', but when they taste so good, who cares? This recipe is a creative way to combine the flavors of traditional buffalo chicken and the convenience of a sandwich.
Since the recipe calls for prepackaged dough, you don't have to be a master chef to make this dish!
Buffalo Chicken Ring Ingredients
To make the buffalo chicken ring crescent rolls, you'll need:
- Chicken, cooked
- Cream cheese, softened
- Frank's RedHot Sauce
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Refrigerated Canned Crescent Rolls
Low-fat and whipped cream cheese have their places in some recipes, but you will get better results using regular cream cheese for this dish. The extra fat helps to balance the heat from the hot sauce and allows the cream cheese to melt without becoming grainy.
Do you want to save a lot of time? Try using canned chicken!
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls work well in this recipe, but you can also use other brands.
To serve, you'll need:
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Ranch dressing
How to Make a Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Ring
To mix the filling:
- Dice the cooked chicken into small pieces.
- Place the diced chicken into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the softened cream cheese, Frank's RedHot sauce, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Continue mixing until you evenly distribute all the ingredients.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the chicken filling until needed.
To shape the ring:
- Lightly grease an unrimmed baking tray.
- Carefully open the tubes of crescent rolls. Separate the dough into triangles.
- Starting at the top, place one triangle of dough on the baking tray with the short side facing toward the center.
- Place a second dough triangle on the tray, angled slightly to the right and overlapping the bottom of the first triangle.
- Continue arranging the dough triangles to form a sun-like pattern on the tray.
- Place a large scoop of the chicken mixture on the lower half of the dough triangles facing the middle.
- Carefully fold the outer tip of each triangle over the filling and pinch to seal. You will end up with something that looks like a wreath.
To bake the ring:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow the ring to cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into slices.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks and a bowl of ranch dressing for dipping.
Special Equipment You Might Need
You can make this recipe in just about any kitchen. You are all set as long as you have an oven and a baking tray!
What to Serve With Buffalo Chicken Ring Crescent Rolls
So, what type of dip goes with buffalo chicken crescent ring? Well, besides the ranch, blue cheese dip is a classic choice. But why not get a little wilder? Try spicy sriracha mayo, tangy aji verde, or smoky chipotle sauce.
Hungry for more? Serve this a large slice as a main dish with a side salad or bowl of hearty soup on the side. Jalapeno poppers would also be an incredible addition.
How to Store the Leftovers
For safety reasons, keeping any extra Buffalo Chicken Ring that has been out of the fridge for longer than 30 minutes isn't a good idea. However, you can definitely make this Buffalo Chicken Ring recipe a day before serving and stick it in the fridge.
You can also freeze this recipe. Let the baked Buffalo Chicken Crescent Roll cool completely. Then wrap it in plastic and aluminum foil. Keep the ring in the freezer for up to two months.
What's the Best Way to Reheat a Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring
To reheat in the oven:
- Defrost the buffalo chicken ring overnight in the fridge if frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the dish on a baking tray and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Heat for 15 minutes or until the center is hot.
More Buffalo Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cans refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (8 ounce cans)
- ½ cup ranch dressing for serving
- 8 carrot sticks
- 8 celery sticks
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and hot sauce until smooth. Mix in chicken and shredded cheese just until combined.
- Unroll both cans of dough and separate the dough into 16 triangles. On an ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange triangles in a ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in the center. The dough will overlap. The dough ring should look like a sun.
- Spoon the Buffalo chicken mixture on the half of each triangle closest to the center of the ring.
- Fold over the triangles.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into slices for serving.
- Serve by placing a bowl of ranch dressing in the center of the buffalo chicken ring. Serve with carrot and celery sticks.
Leave a Reply