This incredibly delicious Mediterranean Dip is layered with lemon garlic cream cheese, hummus, cucumbers, Greek olives, onions, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Serve this cold dip with pita chips. It’s one of the tastiest appetizers ever!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Mediterranean Dip So Good?
Okay, so you have heard about Mexican-inspired Seven Layer Taco Dip right? Think of this recipe as the Greek version of that recipe with Mediterranean flavors.
The layers of cream cheese, hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, kalamata olives, and feta cheese with a sprinkling of Greek seasoning make this dip utterly addictive.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
Are you looking for a vegetarian-friendly appetizer that is full of flavor and guaranteed to be a hit at your next get-together? You found it with this feta dip recipe. Sure, it may be a bit unusual, but you tend to discover the best things when you get away from the everyday.
Mediterranean Dip is easy to make and darn delicious to boot. One taste, and you'll want to make this layered Greek dip again and again.
Mediterranean Feta Dip Ingredients
For the feta cheese dip, you'll need:
- Cream cheese
- Fresh lemon juice
- Greek seasoning
- Garlic minced
- Red Onion
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
If you have a lemon, use it. This recipe really benefits from fresh lemon juice, but you can use fresh lime juice as well. In a pinch, bottled lemon juice is acceptable.
You can use store-bought hummus dip for this recipe, but it is easy to make your own hummus with chickpeas.
Greek season blend may not be in your cupboard, but it should be because it goes with much more than just Greek food. Each brand of Greek seasoning is different but usually contains salt, pepper, and select Mediterranean herbs and spices.
Other veggies to use for toppings are black olives (instead of Kalamata), English cucumbers, green bell peppers, red peppers, and green onions.
How to Make This Feta Dip Recipe
To prepare the Mediterranean layer dip:
- Combine the softened cream cheese, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, and garlic in a bowl.
- Stir or use a mixer on a medium-low setting until you incorporate all the ingredients. If using a mixer, crank up the speed to a medium-high setting at the end to whip in more air to make the mixture lighter.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture into an even layer on the bottom of the serving platter. Using an offset spatula makes it easier to spread the cream cheese mixture into the corners of the platter.
- Spread a layer of hummus over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle on the chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and kalamata olives.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
What to Serve With Mediterranean Layer Dip
The best bases for this dip are pita or bagel crisps because they are tough enough not to break and are flat enough to prevent the toppings from falling off. You can also spoon the dip onto toast rounds of bread.
Serving celery sticks and carrot sticks on the side adds a bit of extra freshness and crunch.
How to Store the Leftovers
Don't save any feta cheese dip you have already served or that has been at room temperature for longer than 30 minutes. To avoid having to throw away extra dip, you may want to make two smaller platters.
You can make the dip ahead of time and keep it in the fridge with the serving dish covered with plastic wrap.
How Long Does It Last?
More than a day in the fridge will cause the Mediterranean feta dip to get watery. It will still be safe for up to three days, but the consistency will be off.
More Tasty Game Day Recipes
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup hummus
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- pita chips to serve
- In a small mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, and garlic with an electric mixer until fully combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on a plate or platter.
- Spread the hummus evenly over the cream cheese.
- Add the vegetables over the hummus and top with feta cheese.
- Serve with pita chips.
Leave a Reply