Pina Colada Fruit Dip is great for an appetizer, snack, or dessert. Serve this creamy dip in a pineapple with fresh fruit and pretzel chips for dipping.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Pina Colada Fruit Dip So Good?
If you think all dips are savory, think again. This Piña Colada Dip recipe is sweet, tangy, and oh, so addictive.
The smooth base of cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and whipped topping base contrasts wonderfully with the chunks of tropical fruits, creating a dip that screams summer any time of the year.
Why You Should Try This Fruit Dip for Your Next Game Watching Party
This crowd-pleasing dip is super easy to make ahead of time and will keep in the fridge overnight. The zing from the pineapple and mandarin oranges and the quick hit of the creamy sweetness of the base combine to create one excellent antidote to spicy food. This recipe is going to become your new game day tradition.
Pina Colada Dip Ingredients
For this dip, you'll need:
- Whole fresh pineapple
- Marshmallow creme
- Cream cheese
- Whipped topping
- Sweetened coconut flakes
- Mandarin oranges, canned
- Maraschino cherries
The go-to brand of marshmallow creme is Marshmallow Fluff, but others, like Jet-Puff Marshmallow Creme, work just as well.
How to Make Pina Colada Fruit Dip
To prepare the pineapple bowl:
- Cut off the leaves of the pineapple. A serrated knife makes the job much easier.
- Set the pineapple upright and cut it in half from the top to the bottom. Wrap one-half of the pineapple in plastic and refrigerate it. You won't need it for this recipe.
- Use a melon baller to scoop the other half of the pineapple into a bowl. Discard the core and finely chop the pineapple flesh.
- Place the finely chopped pineapple in a colander and drain well in the sink.
- Keep the hollowed-out pineapple to use as a bowl for the dip. If you are going to wait to serve the dip for several hours or more, wrap the pineapple bowl in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge.
To prepare the dip:
- Take the cream cheese and whipped topping out of the fridge to allow them to come up to room temperature.
- Drain the mandarin oranges and maraschino cherry. Rinse the cherries under cool water to help remove most of the red food coloring and prevent the dip from turning pink. Dry the cherries well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the marshmallow creme and cream cheese. Stir until smooth. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer with a paddle attachment will incorporate more air for a lighter dip.
- Mix in the whipped topping until smooth.
- Fold in the finely chopped pineapple, coconut flakes, mandarin oranges, and maraschino cherries. Reserve some mandarin oranges and maraschino cherries for garnish.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least half an hour.
To plate piña colada fruit dip with cream cheese:
- Scoop the Pina Colada Dip into the hollowed-out pineapple bowl.
- Garnish the dip with the reserved mandarin oranges and maraschino cherries.
What to Serve With Pina Colada Dip
Pina Colada Dip's sweet and creamy consistency pairs well with various foods. Here are just a few options you may want to try:
- Sliced fruit such as apples, bananas, grapes, kiwis, mangos, pears, and strawberries
- Graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, or digestives
- Pretzel rods or chocolate-covered pretzels
- Sponge cake, pound cake, or angel food cake squares
How to Store the Leftovers
Transfer the dip to an airtight container and place a piece of plastic wrap touching the top of the dip to prevent it from drying out. Cover and keep it in the fridge for up to three days. The fruit may start to weep after a few hours, so it is a good idea to stir it well before serving.
More Game Day Dip Recipes
Check out even more cold dips for tailgating.
Pina Colada Fruit Dip
- 1 pineapple
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed to room temperature
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 11 ounces canned mandarin oranges drained
- 16 ounces stemless maraschino cherries rinsed and drained
- pretzels, fresh fruit, or cookies to serve
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, from the sprout to the base. Use a spoon to hull out one of the pineapple halves until it forms a shallow bowl. Reserve the removed pineapple pieces. You won’t need the remaining untouched half of the pineapple.
- Finely chop the removed pineapple pieces until they are similar in texture to crushed pineapple. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the marshmallow creme and cream cheese and blend with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the whipping topping and mix again until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped pineapple, coconut flakes, oranges, and cherries using a rubber spatula.
- Cover the dip and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the dip into the hollowed-out pineapple half and serve chilled with pretzels, fresh fruit, or cookies.
Leave a Reply