Spice up your snack table with Buffalo Ranch Crackers, a fiery twist on your favorite nibbles! This recipe is a game-changer for any sports event or casual get-together. Oyster crackers and Cheez-Its are given a zesty makeover with a bold buffalo sauce and savory ranch mix. They’re a crunchy, tangy treat that's impossible to resist. Every bite delivers a kick of heat and a burst of flavor.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Buffalo Ranch Crackers So Snackable?
Hot wings may be the ultimate option when it comes to snacking, but they sure can make a mess. Now, with these Buffalo Crackers, you can savor the flavor of your favorite Buffalo wings in an easy-to-eat and mess-free version.
Wing lovers won't be able to get enough of these oyster crackers and Cheez-Its tossed with authentic Buffalo sauce and Ranch seasoning and then baked until crispy.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
Making this hot and spicy Buffalo ranch snack mix is incredibly easy, and you don't need to be a master chef to get it right. Whether you're hosting a party or just looking for a delicious snack, these crackers are perfect for any occasion.
There is minimal prep time and the ingredients for these Buffalo ranch oyster crackers may already be in your pantry and fridge.
Since these spicy crackers keep beautifully in the freezer for up to a month, you'll want to make a batch to always have a tasty treat on hand for unexpected guests, movie night, or midnight cravings.
Buffalo Ranch Crackers Ingredients
For the Buffalo-Ranch Sauce, you'll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Buffalo hot sauce
- Garlic powder
- Dry ranch seasoning or ranch dressing mix
Use your favorite homemade Buffalo wing sauce, like the one from this wings recipe, or buy ready-made Buffalo sauce from the store.
For mixing and baking the spicy ranch crackers, you'll need:
- Oyster crackers
- Cheez-It crackers
- Buffalo-Ranch Sauce
How to Make Buffalo Oyster Crackers
To prepare the Buffalo-Ranch Sauce for this tasty crackers recipe:
- Heat a saucepan over a medium flame.
- Add the unsalted butter, Buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and dry Ranch seasoning.
- As the butter melts, whisk well.
- When the melted butter mixture is warm and smooth, remove the sauce from the heat and cover the saucepan.
To finish making the Ranch crackers with Buffalo sauce;
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oyster crackers and Cheez-Its.
- Slowly pour the warm Buffalo-Ranch Sauce over the crackers and use a rubber spatula to stir until the crackers are fully coated.
- Spread the mixture onto a large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Shake and rotate the baking tray after 10 minutes.
- Cool the Buffalo Crackers on a parchment paper-lined wire rack before serving or storing.
There are lots of ways to make this recipe your own. Here are a few suggestions to help get you thinking:
- Replace the oyster cracker. Oyster crackers can be a bit on the bland side. Why not jazz things up with Cheese Nips, Mini Ritz, or even Goldfish crackers?
- Make it even cheesier. Shake some powdered Parmesan cheese over the top of the crackers just before baking.
- Turn them into BBQ-Ranch Crackers. Swap out the Buffalo sauce for your favorite BBQ sauce for a smoky variation.
What to Serve With Ranch Crackers with Buffalo Sauce
There aren't many ways to improve these crackers besides serving them with your favorite ice-cold beverage. To keep the theme going, cut some carrot and celery sticks and serve them with ranch or blue cheese dip.
You could use them as a topping for soups and chili. They'll add much more flavor than plain crumbled saltine crackers.
How to Store Buffalo Wing Flavored Crackers
Store the cooled Buffalo Crackers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.
If you want to extend the shelf life of the Buffalo Oyster Crackers, freeze them on a parchment-lined baking tray for at least an hour before transferring them to a freezer-safe bag and keeping them in the back of the freezer.
How Long Will Buffalo Wing Flavored Crackers Last?
The crackers will last up to five days in the fridge before they start to get a little stale. Keeping the Buffalo Crackers in the freezer will give you up to a month to enjoy them.
Ranch crackers with Buffalo sauce taste the best when you take them out of the fridge and allow them to warm to room temperature before eating.
More Snacks for Game Day
Buffalo Ranch Crackers
- 1 9-ounce bag oyster crackers
- 1 12.4-ounce box Cheez-Its
- 1 1-ounce package dry ranch mix
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 250ºF.
- Place the oyster crackers and Cheez-Its in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour the mixture over the crackers and toss well to coat.
- Place the crackers on a large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, tossing at the 10-minute mark.