Discover a mouthwatering twist to your traditional dip! Beef Jerky Dip combines the savory goodness of beef jerky with the creaminess of cream cheese and the sharpness of cheddar cheese. A perfect companion for your chips or veggie sticks, it's an indulgent blend of bold flavors that elevates your snack time. Try this unique, cold, creamy, and irresistibly cheesy dip for your next game day gathering.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Beef Jerky Dip the Perfect Crowd Pleaser
Don't fall into the trap of thinking party dips must be dainty and dull. That's simply not true, and Beef Jerky Dip proves it.
With its bold use of spices and deep meaty flavor, Beef Jerky Dip pairs well with most of your favorite dippers for a super satisfying snack everyone is going to love.
Why You Should Try This Beef Jerky Dip Recipe
Give your friends something unique to chew on without going crazy in the kitchen. The name of the game for this dip is keeping things uncomplicated while still being deliciously unique.
Beef Jerky Dip comes together in mere minutes, and it is a snap to double or even triple the amount if you need to make enough dip for a crowd. Propel your snacking into the major leagues with this tantalizing twist on a game-day favorite with this Beef Jerky Dip recipe.
Beef Jerky Dip Ingredients
To make shredded beef jerky dip, you'll need:
- Cream cheese
- Beef jerky
- Fresh garlic
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Tabasco sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion powder
- Ground black pepper
- Green onions chopped
Although you can use any beef jerky flavor, unflavored jerky is standard for this recipe.
Freshly grated garlic makes all the difference. Use it if you can, but granulated garlic is an acceptable substitution if you don't have fresh garlic handy.
It is best to use the finest shredded cheddar you can find to prevent large lumps in the dip. Some companies label their finely shredded cheese as "Fancy Shredded," so you may want to ask for that. It is worth shredding the cheese yourself if you can't find it in the store.
How to Make the Dip
To prepare Beef Jerky Dip:
- Put the cream cheese on the counter to soften for about ten minutes. Meanwhile, chop beef jerky into small pieces, grate the ginger, thinly slice the green onions, and finely shred the cheddar cheese, if necessary. Set aside for later.
- Blend the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise until smooth using a stand or electric hand mixer. If you don't have either, you can use the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the finely chopped beef jerky and shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir the Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, ground black pepper, and freshly grated garlic into the rest of the dip.
- Fold the green onions into the dip. You can reserve some of the green onion slices to garnish the top of the dip if you want.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge for at least an hour to allow the flavors to combine.
- Stir the dip well and transfer it to the serving bowl or dish. Garnish the dip with sliced green onions if you want. Since you shouldn't save any leftover dip that you served, using a smaller serving bowl that you can refill as needed throughout the night is a good idea.
Special Equipment You Will Need
You don't need much to throw together this dip which means it's perfect to make while tailgating or at the cabin. But there are a few kitchen gadgets that can streamline the prep:
- A stand mix or an electric mixer. Although definitely not necessary, but a nice thing to have to speed up the mixing process and ensure a smoother dip.
- A box grater. You can use a box grater for grating the cheese and garlic.
- A microplane. For the finest shreds of cheese or grated garlic, a microplane is ideal.
What Are Great Dippers For the Beef Jerky Dip?
You have a lot of options for this beef dip. These are some favorites:
- Tortilla chips. This classic requires no prep but is sturdy enough to stand up to the weight of the dip and still deliver a crunch.
- Bagel or pita chips. The more modern equivalent to the traditional tortilla chip.
- Fresh Veggies. Raw carrot, cucumber, and celery sticks bring crunch and freshness.
- Pretzels. The salty and slightly charred flavor brings a new element that contrasts with the creaminess and tang of the dip.
What to Serve Beef Jerky Dip With
How to Store Left Over Beef Jerky Dip
You can keep any extra unserved shredded Beef Jerky Dip in an airtight container in the fridge.
How Long Does It Last
The dip should stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to three days. Stir before serving.
More Game Day Dips
Check out more dip recipes here on Game Day Eats!
Beef Jerky Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 ounces sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped beef jerky
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions plus extra for garnish
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the beef jerky and cheddar and stir until evenly distributed. Then add the Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Gently fold in the green onions.
- Taste the dip and adjust the seasoning according to your preference, adding more salt, garlic, or onion powder if desired.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, give the dip a quick stir. Garnish with additional chopped green onions if desired and serve with your favorite dippers like tortilla chips, crackers, pretzels, or fresh vegetables.