Dive into the robust flavors of creamy Corn Chip Dip! This flavorful dip made with Mexican-style corn, green chilies, jalapenos, sour cream, and mayo is great with Fritos or tortilla chips. Make the best chip dip with corn that’s perfect for a game day, movie night, party, or snack time. Get ready to scoop up this creamy, corn-filled goodness!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Corn Chip Dip the Perfect Addition to Your Party
Corn chips and corn dip; does snacking get any better? This easy-to-make corn dip recipe combines the tempting crunch of salty chips with the creamy coolness of corn dip.
It is the ultimate party crowd-pleaser that will elevate any gathering to the next level of deliciousness. One dipped chip is all it will take to impress your guests.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
There is nothing artificial here. Some other online recipes for chip dip with corn are loaded with packets of ranch dressing and different premade spice blends. This irresistible version is light on spices, so the genuine flavor of the ingredients comes through.
Corn Chip Dip is the kind of recipe where it is not only okay to make ahead of time, but the flavor will improve with a few hours in the fridge.
Chip Dip With Corn Ingredients
To make this recipe, you'll need:
- Mexican-style corn, canned
- Diced green chiles, canned
- Green onion
- Pickled jalapeño peppers
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- corn chips to serve
Del Monte Mexican Corn or Green Giant Mexicorn will both work in this recipe. You don't want to use Mexican Street Corn in this recipe. If you can't find canned Mexican-style corn in your local store, you can always make it yourself.
How to Make Chip Dip With Corn
To prepare this recipe:
- Open the cans of Mexican-style corn and diced green chilies and dump them into a colander set in the sink to drain.
- Wash the green onion and shake it dry. Slice it into thin rounds, making sure to keep the white and green parts separate. Reserve both the white and green parts for later.
- Rough chop the jalapenos peppers and put them off to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, the white part of the sliced green onion, the cheddar cheese, and the chopped pickled jalapenos.
- Fold in the drained Mexican-style corn and green chilies.
- Transfer the dip to the serving bowl and garnish it with the sliced green rounds from the onion.
What to Serve With Chip Dip With Corn
You have a lot of pairing opportunities with this dish. Several good ones are:
- Fritos scoops. Perfect for scooping up the dip!
- Tortilla chips. Tortilla chips are the classic way to enjoy corn dip.
- Bagel chips. Bagel chips are like tortilla chips but hold up even better to heavy dip loads.
- Cut vegetables. Sticks of carrots, cucumbers, and bell pepper are all healthy options.
- Toasted bread. Thin slices of baguettes or pita bread triangles work well.
- Pretzels. Extra dark pretzels are particularly good since they have a bolder taste that still stands out when dipped.
Possible Recipe Variations
You can play with this recipe to make it match better with your personal tastes. Here are a few suggestions you may want to use:
- Replace the green onion tops with rough-cut fresh cilantro. The cilantro brings a fresh and bright flavor to the dip.
- Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. In this Corn Chip Dip recipe sour cream adds a lot of fat and calories, but you can keep the zing while serving a healthy version with Greek yogurt.
- Sprinkle cumin and smoked paprika over the top of the dip. Cumin is a classic Tex-Mex seasoning that adds warmth and earthiness, while smoked paprika lends sweetness and smokiness to the dish.
- Throw in some chopped roasted red peppers. The sweetness of the roasted red peppers will help balance the heat from the jalapeno peppers.
- Squeeze a lime over the top of the dip. The tang of the citrus will really makes the dip flavors pop.
- Change up the cheese. Use sharp cheddar cheese, cotija cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, or a Mexican cheese blend.
How to Store the Leftovers
You should never keep any dip from a bowl people have eaten from, so serving dip in a small dish and refilling the bow throughout the night is a good idea. You can transfer any unserved dip into an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator for later.
How Long Does It Last?
The dip will last up to three days in the fridge. Just be aware that the dip's flavor will become more intense the longer it sits.
More Dips for Game Day
Find even more dip recipes on GDE!
Corn Chip Dip
- 3 11-ounce cans Mexican-style corn drained
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies drained
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions greens and whites separated
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeño peppers
- corn chips to serve
- Place the Mexican-style corn and diced green chilies into a sieve and allow them to drain while you proceed with the recipe.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded cheddar, the white parts of the sliced green onions, and the chopped pickled jalapeños. Mix well.
- Mix in the drained corn and green chilies and top with thinly sliced green onion tops. Serve with corn chips.