Get ready for a touchdown in taste with Hooters Buffalo Chicken Dip! Combining the iconic Hooters Buffalo Chicken Sauce with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing mix, and chicken makes the ultimate game day dip.
Cooked to gooey perfection, it's an irresistible hot dip. Whether you're teaming it up with chips, celery, or your favorite dippers, everyone will cheer for more!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why Hooters Buffalo Chicken Dip Will Be a Hit for Watching the Big Game
Think 'what you may' about the 'decor' at Hooters restaurants; the chain serves some delicious casual food. One of the chain's most popular menu items is chicken wings, and the favorite flavor, hands-down, is Buffalo.
This hot creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Hooters Wing sauce recreates the taste of Hooters Buffalo Wings in a shareable snack. The cream cheese and ranch dressing takes much of the heat from Hooters' famous Buffalo Wings Sauce but still lets the flavor shine through!
What Makes Hooters Buffalo Chicken Dip So Good
Wings have gotten a little out of control, too often pushing the limits regarding heat. Good wings should have just enough spice to kickstart the taste buds without burning them out.
If you are a fan of old-school Buffalo chicken wings, this dip is about to become one of your all-time favorites. But don't worry if you are not skilled in the kitchen; this dump-and-heat recipe is something anyone can make.
Throw Buffalo Chicken Dip together in less time than the average commercial break, and you won't miss a minute of the game. The first time you take a bite of this dip, you will love the flavor and think this is the perfect easy recipe for game night.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
For this Buffalo Chicken Dip, you'll need;
- Hooters Buffalo Chicken Sauce
- Cream cheese
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Ranch dressing (Hidden Valley Ranch is preferred)
- Cooked chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
Hooters Buffalo Wing Sauce is available online and at large grocery chains like Kroger's and Walmart. You can even use another Buffalo sauce if you prefer.
This recipe has been tested using Hidden Valley Ranch, but your favorite brand should work. You can also use a reduced-fat dressing in this Hooters Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe.
You can use canned chicken in a pinch, but cooking it fresh or using leftover chicken is best.
If you prefer blue cheese dressing with your Buffalo hot wings, you can substitute it for ranch dressing.
How to Make This Hooters Buffalo Dip Recipe
To prepare Buffalo Chicken Dip with Hooters Wing Sauce Dip:
- Dice the cold chicken into small pieces.
- Put the diced chicken and other ingredients into a large saucepan or skillet.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat.
- While constantly stirring, heat the ingredients just until the shredded cheddar cheese melts.
- Transfer the hot dip to a serving bowl and serve immediately. To prevent the need to throw away too much extra food at the end of the party, consider using a small serving bowl and refilling it throughout the night.
Keep the dip warm in a small crockpot set on low.
Recipe Variation - Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
Instead of cooking the dip on the stovetop, you can bake it in the oven. Here's how:
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly.
What to Serve With Buffalo Chicken Dip
Whichever you love to eat with Buffalo wings are perfect to use as dippers. You'll want to have plenty of carrot and celery sticks on hand, as well as a selection of other dunkables. Here are a few you may want to stock up on:
- Tortilla chips. These classic chips are the way to go when what you want is just a way to get as much delicious dip from the bowl to your mouth as possible.
- Bagel and pita chips. Think of these as tortilla chips with a bit of a personality. They come in various flavors and are much more sturdy than old-school tortilla chips, giving you more of a crunch.
- Toast rounds or crackers. They can pull double duty as Hooters Buffalo Chicken Dip dippers if you plan to serve a cheese plate with toasted bread or crackers.
How to Store the Dip
Like any other dip, you probably should toss any leftovers to avoid getting sick, but you can keep unserved Buffalo Chicken Dip with Hooters Wing Sauce in the fridge. Just allow the dip to cool down to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container. Try to use up the dip within three days.
How to Reheat Buffalo Chicken Dip
Place the Buffalo Chicken Dip with Hooters wing sauce in a saucepan. Warm the dip over medium-low heat until the cheese remelts. Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
More Game Day Dips
Check out more easy dip recipes for any occasion right here on Game Day Eats!
Hooters Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 12-ounce jar Hooters Wing Sauce (I have found this at Kroger and Walmart)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing Hidden Valley Ranch is preferred
- 8 to 10 ounces poached chicken breast chopped into small pieces (canned chicken will suffice if poached is unavailable)
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Stir constantly until the dip is heated through.
- Place the dip in a bowl and serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks.